February's Journalist of the Month is Ginny Sanderson, a reporter on the Eastbourne Herald & Sussex Express. Ginny has taken time out of her busy schedule covering crime, politics and everything in-between as the unofficial cute animal correspondent to answer our ten questions!
1. What are the 5 words that best describe you? Opinionated, thoughtful, chilled, animal lover.
2. What magazine do you love reading and why? My guilty pleasure is having a good look through Glamour magazine; usually I get it when I'm going on a long train journey. It has the right balance of celebrity with fashion and life advice. I hope they still do the 'Hey, it's okay...' bit. It always has really relatable things that I only thought I did.
3. What is your favourite book? This is so difficult, it's always changing. Stephen King's Wizard and Glass or Rebecca by Daphne Du Maurier.
4. Which song makes you dance? Most of the Hamilton soundtrack at the moment. #work
5. What has been your best career moment? My favourite so far was writing a feature about a Harry Potter-style role play set up in a castle in Herstmonceux called Bothwell School of Witchcraft. Everyone was running around dressed in wizard robes, hunting dragon eggs or heading to potions class. It was one of the most surreal experiences but totally brilliant. And, as a HP fan, I was living the dream.
6. What advice would you give your 20 year old self? My 20-year-old self was still at university, in the second year of my degree. So perhaps I would say get more involved in societies and go to more talks on campus. And the obvious: don't stress, enjoy yourself.
7. Where are you happiest? This is a tad embarrassing but genuinely just when having really good food in good company. I love doing food reviews, which I'm lucky enough to do every now and again.
8. Who would be your number one dinner guest be and why? I feel like I could talk to Jessica Chastain for hours about movies, politics, feminism...
9. If you could have any superpower, what power would it be and why? To transform into an animal. How cool would it be to be a tiger for the day?
10. If you had to ask us one question what would it be? Most bizarre press release?
We love a weird and wonderful press release which we know will generate headlines. For us, it’s a toss-up between ‘Is Snoring Ruining the Nation’s Sex Life?’ for our client Good Night Anti-Snoring Ring or, ‘How Well Do You Know Your Poo?’ – a Bowel Cancer Awareness Campaign for Ramsay Health Care UK.