2016 was an incredible year for Sunny Bird PR. Not only did we rebrand but we raised the bar when it came to achieving brilliant PR results for our clients. 2017 is set to be a fantastic year and we are already off to a flying start. We thought we’d share with you our top 10 from 2016 and we also have some very exciting news to share, read on to the end to find out!
In the words of Craig David: “re-re-wind…”
1) We turned three years old and the PR team expanded. We gained Louise (Head of Strategy), Lizzie (Account Manager), Sian (Account Executive), Natalie Brown (Senior Journalist & PR Consultant), Katy (Well-being Officer and PT) and we are no longer an all-female office as we gained a man in the shape of Darren (Head Designer). Find out more about the new staff here. To celebrate our third birthday, the team threw themselves off of Bournemouth Pier! But don’t panic, as we had secure harnesses and hard hats. We spent a sunny, summer day zooming down a high speed zip wire. Trust me; it’s scarier than it looks. Take a look at our Instagram here to see Lucy flying through the air.
2) This year saw us move offices. We now have an amazing, spacious office that is just five minutes away from the beach. Brighter, bigger and better with lots of room for growth – our office embodies the Sunny Bird PR brand with bright colours and stand-out branding. Located in the centre of town, we love being here and welcome visitors so do feel free to pop in for a chat.
3) We had a makeover. Not only did we spread our PR wings and grow from Little Bird PR into Sunny Bird PR but we now have some great signage, personalised business cards (chosen by the team) and a brand new sparkly website. Make sure you check it out here.
4) Lights, camera, action! From promotional videos for hair brand Regrowz, ‘a day in the life of a cataracts sufferer’ for Ramsay Health Care UK and sourcing the nation’s best fatherly advice for thortful. Not only did we get the opportunity to script write, direct and produce some great video content, but we secured some brilliant PR coverage on the back of it too.
5) We did numerous presentations and events last year including ‘how to do PR on a shoestring budget’ for the Grocery Accelerator Scheme and what ‘national press are looking for’ for our client Ramsay Health Care UK PR and Marketing teams. We organised a successful seminar for Greenwood Campbell by inviting key, local businesses, booking inspirational speakers and creating important networking time which won Greenwood Campbell fantastic new business as a result.
6) At Sunny Bird PR our relationships with journalists are paramount. Last year we amassed over 150 one to one media meetings to introduce press to our brilliant clients.
7) Conker Spirit mingled with the stars! We organised for Conker Spirit to sponsor the ‘Q Hero Award’ at the official Q Music Awards in London! Conker Spirit had free sponsorship of the high profile event and it was the ONLY gin at the ceremony as well as the VIP after-party. This partnership also achieved over 160 pieces of coverage for our favourite gin!
8) We smashed it out the park with countless national newspaper exclusives for our clients last year. From an undercover investigation at a pre-school for Naturelly to a Facebook social experiment on teeth and dating for Brighton Implant Clinic. We created some brilliant headlines for our clients. Check out some of our work here.
9) In 2016 we introduced two, new weekly activities for staff. Jacket Potato Wednesdays enable us to catch up as a team whilst indulging in some beans, cheese or caviar (if you are Lucy). On Thursday’s we burn off the potato from the day before with a high impact boxing class. A team that trains together stays together!
10) December was the icing on the cake for us here at Sunny Bird PR. Our website launched, we held an amazing Christmas party, Rian got engaged and Sunny announced her pregnancy! 2017 is set to be an eventful and successful year and we can’t wait to meet baby Bird in May.
Thanks to everyone for supporting us from Little Bird PR through to Sunny Bird PR.
(and thanks for making it to the end of this blog post – we know who you are and we will reward you when you least expect it!)
PS. If you haven't already, please like us on social to keep up-to-date with our latest adventures :)