Jennifer Savin is the Features Writer at Cosmopolitan. Covering all things Cosmo from living with drag queens, to Gambian travel tips, to prince seduction, to sexual harassment at work, Jennifer is the archetypal Cosmo writer. Jennifer took five minutes out of her glam, leopard print schedule to answer the infamous SBPR questions:
1. What are the 5 words that best describe you? Ahh, I’m so bad at answering questions like this! I just WhatsApped my boyfriend to ask for help and he said ‘funny, smart, honest, sweet, spontaneous’. I’ll take that, cheers.
2. What magazine do you love reading and why? Besides Cosmopolitan (obvs), I also love Attitude magazine for its great interviews and all round fabulousness and Take A Break because it makes me feel way better about my own life. Oh, and I’ve recently upped my fitness game so Women’s Health has become a new addition to the bedside table. Basically I just love magazines.
3. What is your favourite book? I wouldn’t necessarily say it’s my favourite, but I always recommend When Breath Becomes Air by Paul Kalanithi – the true, heart-breaking account of a doctor who becomes a terminal patient. It’s beautifully written. I also love trashy celeb autobiographies so much that my friends and I started a book club dedicated to them, it’s called Read It My Pony – we’ve just finished The Rock Says by The Rock.
4. Which song makes you dance? Work by Drake and Rihanna, What’s My Name? by Drake and Rihanna, or Wild Thoughts featuring Drake and Rihanna.
5. What has been your best career moment? Coming home after winning my first PPA New Talent Award last year and putting it next to my framed, decade old rejection-for-work-experience letter from Vogue. It was a poignant moment in realising how far I’d come and how hard work really does pay off.
6. What advice would you give your 20 year old self? Don’t get that tattoo, ya eejit.
7. Where are you happiest? Either getting ready for a night out with friends, with a glass of wine in hand and some old school R&B/garage on the go, or having dinner with a beautiful view and great company on holiday.
8. Who would be your number one dinner guest and why? Chrissy Teigen – my fantasy best mate. Although if she didn’t like me I’d be totally crushed, so perhaps it’s better to invite someone I dislike, such as Trump? I’d ask him why his face is the exact same colour as a McDonald’s hash brown and why Melania looks so dead behind the eyes. ☹
9. If you could have any superpower, what power would it be and why? Freezing time – growing up I always thought I’d make far better use out of Bernard’s Watch than he ever did. It was wasted on that kid.
10. If you had to ask us one question what would it be? Everyone I know who works in PR seems to be really organised and good at being on time for breakfast meetings (unlike me). Any tips on staying organised/becoming a morning person?
We're definitely all very organised - you have to be in a PR agency! As for mornings, the team's tips to start the day are:
- Beach walk to work - easy for us to say in Bournemouth but any bit of outdoors to start the day and wake you up will do the trick
- Eat breakfast!
- Grab a coconut milk iced coffee on your way in to work - these have been a massive hit with the team this summer and the café next door have been making a killing!
- Make a ‘to do’ list every morning so you have direction and purpose while you're sipping on your iced coffee