Emmie Harrison, 25, is a features writer for Chat, Pick Me Up, Woman, Woman’s Own, Woman’s Weekly and Now as well as a freelance travel, lifestyle and music journalist! We’ve followed Emmie’s work for a long time and love her passion for women’s issues. Emmie took five minutes out of her busy day to answer the infamous Sunny Bird PR questions…
1. What are the 5 words that best describe you? Smiley, bubbly, kind, curly and (I hope!) funny.
2. What magazine do you love reading and why? It has to be Time Out! It’s been my bible since I moved to London. It’s a great mixture of thought-provoking features about people that live and work in London, and a guide to the best restaurants, plays and bars. I’ve found some of my favourite places thanks to Time Out.
3. What is your favourite book? This is tough! Anything by Chuck Palahniuk (author of ‘Fight Club’ – that’s his worst!) or Stephen King. Creepy books are the best!
4. Which song makes you dance? Dancing in the Moonlight – Toploader. I’m the first one up!
5. What has been your best career moment? I’ve been utterly grateful for every moment that’s allowed me to write, but it must be when I got my dream job on women’s magazines in London. I was 23, and I finally felt like the years of hard work had paid off.
6. What advice would you give your 20 year old self? At 20, I was at university and going through a really rough time. I’d say b-r-e-a-t-h-e. Stop trying to do everything at once and slow down. Everything falls into place eventually.
7. Where are you happiest? I’m happiest when I’m at home, in Newcastle. Time works differently at home, everyone smiles and my family are my biggest fans. Plus, I really miss my mum’s Sunday dinners.
8. Who would be your number one dinner guest and why? Liam Gallagher! I want to see how hard he really parties… I’m sure he’s got some incredible stories to tell, too.
9. If you could have any superpower, what would it be and why? Definitely to teleport. There’s so much of the world I want to see!
10. If you had to ask us one question what would it be? What would you choose as your last meal on earth?
Oh, tough question, Emmie! Of course we all vary massively, so here’s the team’s choices:
Sunny – “There’s no way I’d be having just one course if it was my last meal! I’d start with Koh Thai Tapas’ 24 hour ribs, followed by their Pad Thai Green curry with a desert of a nice big pot of Haagen Daaz Bailey’s flavour. Obviously I’d have to accompany it with a cocktail so I’d have a lipstick rose!”
Lu – “Salmon with every grilled vegetable that has ever existed.”
Lizzie – “My Gran’s paella. I lived in Spain for a year and still have never have had a paella that good!”
Georgie – “Even for my last meal on earth I couldn’t stray from my favourite lobster mac and cheese.”
Alex – “Mine would be fish pie because it reminds me of home.”
Laura – “I’d tuck into a Chicken Katsu curry because, well, it’s amazing!”
Jess – “Rib-eye steak, medium rare of course.”