Lydia Winter is the Contributing Editor for Foodism magazine and suffers from constant food FOMO, which means she has to eat everything she comes across (except coriander). When not thinking about her next meal, she can be found stalking other people's cats – or trotting the globe for Foodism's sister title, Escapism. Lydia took 5 minutes out from planning her next meal to answer the Sunny Bird PR questions:
1. What are the 5 words that best describe you? Empathetic, direct, organised, silly, smiley.
2. What magazine do you love reading and why? All the newspaper supplements – FT Weekend Magazine, Sunday Times Magazine and Guardian Weekend.
3. What is your favourite book? Rebecca by Daphne du Maurier, The Bell Jar by Sylvia Plath and The Book of Night Women by Marlon James.
4. Which song makes you dance? R Kelly's Ignition. Yes, really.
5. What has been your best career moment? When I ended up filming an hour-long live video for Foodism without any prep (and when slightly pissed).
6. What advice would you give your 20 year old self? Do more crazy stuff while you still can!
7. Where are you happiest? At a dinner table with my friends – preferably having cooked the whole meal myself and done it well.
8. Who would be your number one dinner guest be and why? My grandmother, because I never met her and I really wish I had.
9. If you could have any superpower, what power would it be and why? To just be able to give myself more time to do everything I want to do.
10. If you had to ask us one question what would it be? Which travel destinations are your favourites and why?
Oh this was a tough one to answer as we all had so many! We eventually came up with these firm favourites from the team:
Sunny – Santorini because it’s simply stunning
Lizzie – Israel because it completely surprised me with its dramatic landscapes, beautiful food and fascinating history
Anya – Bali because it just makes you want to smile
Alex – India because its vibrant and exciting
Karin – Norway because it looks like something out of a fantasy novel!
Emma - San Francisco because of its elegant architecture, incredible food and fab vintage shopping
Lu – Florida because it’s the perfect mix of theme parks, sunshine and shopping