Melanie Giandzi is an official Food Tester at the Good Housekeeping Institute. Lucky Melanie spends her days taste testing the latest food and drink products from the coolest brands and penning copy for the title. Here, Melanie has taken a break from sampling the wares and compiling product round-ups to answer the notorious SBPR questions:
1. What are the 5 words that best describe you? Cheeky, caring, motivated, funny and personable.
2. What magazine do you love reading and why? I love reading all the grocer’s own in-house magazines as I love knowing what new products they are getting in and learning about what’s in season.
3. What is your favourite book? Can I say Harry Potter 1-7? 😉
4. Which song makes you dance? Tom Misch – Beautiful Escape.
5. What has been your best career moment? Deciding to change from the beauty world into food – a passion which always fills my mind.
6. What advice would you give your 20-year-old self? Save your money!
7. Where are you happiest? Having a picnic with my partner Cam at Primrose Hill.
8. Who would be your number one dinner guest and why? Frank Sinatra – I’d cook him a delicious meal in exchange for a serenade.
9. If you could have any superpower, what power would it be and why? Teleportation for sure, all my family is back home in Australia, so it would come in handy for sure.
10. If you had to ask us one question what would it be? What is your proudest moment at Sunny Bird PR?
As a team, there is a lot we’re proud of so this one took some thinking! Here are the team’s proudest achievements to date:
Lizzie: Creating Bournemouth’s Biggest Ever Street Art for a client – a giant Spiderman painted on Pier Approach which achieved 20 pieces of coverage in just two days with a reach of over four million people and exposure on TV, radio, online and in print.
Georgie: My first piece of coverage for Sunny Bird PR which was in the Telegraph - I loved winning the PR tiara and Prosecco for the piece too!
Laura: Securing 90 VIP guests to a restaurant launch in just one week and achieving 10 pieces of coverage off the back of the event.
Jess: Smashing our targets and achieving more than 20 pieces of regional coverage for our client Ramsay Health Care UK in just one day.
Alex: Securing TV coverage on BBC Spotlight for one of our newest clients and even encouraging the presenters to get dressed up and take part in a cycling activity.
Sunny: My proudest moment to date has been hosting our PR & Publicity Reaching Millions courses which enables start-ups and SMEs, which don’t yet have the budget for PR, get their businesses of the ground!