Nicky Findley is one of our favourite local journalists, she's a features writer for the Bournemouth Echo, Advertiser series, Dorset Society, Seven Days Magazine, Taste and The Guide. Nicky has taken a few minutes out from writing about the best county in the UK to answer the infamous Sunny Bird PR questions...
1. What are the 5 words that best describe you? Lives Life To The Full
2. What magazine do you love reading and why? Runner’s World. Running with my dogs is the best start to my day – it’s a quick, inexpensive way to keep fit (I also love my food and don’t have enough will power to diet!) and it keeps me sane as it gives me time to clear my head before I get to work.
3. What is your favourite book? I’ve just re-read Pride & Prejudice by Jane Austen and it is still one of my all-time favourites.
4. Which song makes you dance? Dancing in the Moonlight by Toploader
5. What has been your best career moment? Being promoted to women’s editor in the late ‘90s. Although this role doesn’t exist these days it was great fun while it lasted as we got lots of freebies and spa trips!
6. What advice would you give your 20 year old self? Always be true to yourself and never be afraid to take a risk.
7. Where are you happiest? In our camper van in the mountains with my family and dogs.
8. Who would be your number one dinner guest be and why? My perfect dinner guest would have to be Hugh Jackman to see if he really is as awesome as he seems – not only can the guy sing, dance and act, he’s funny, sporty and veryeasy on the eye too!
9. If you could have any superpower, what power would it be and why? To be able to control time so I can pack more into my day and visit different eras.
10. If you had to ask us one question what would it be? What gives your company the edge over other PR firms?
Our creativity – we work with clients that don’t always have new news so we make the news for them!