Emma Joseph is a Features Writer at the newly revamped Dorset Living (previously Dorset Society) as well as the Daily Echo. She has taken some time away from writing fabulous lifestyle features to answer our famous ten questions!
1. What are the 5 words that best describe you? Organised; thoughtful; caring; calm (and a little) OCD!
2. What magazine do you love reading and why? It’s terrible, but I am a sucker for a bit of celebrity gossip, so it would have to be something like Closer, or OK! (My guilty pleasure!)
3. What is your favourite book? I’ll read anything really, but I particularly love Martina Cole. Her books are often quite uncomfortable reading, given the subject matter is usually prostitutes, drug addicts, domestic violence, murderers etc, but I always get completely sucked into them. I also like a good thriller - Tess Gerritsen is another favourite author.
4. Which song makes you dance? I LOVE a good boogie – anything cheesy or disco-y!
5. What has been your best career moment? When I was the Health Reporter at the Southern Daily Echo in Southampton I did a story about an anonymous donor who paid for a profoundly deaf two-year-old to have a cochlear implant fitted. Her family invited me along when they turned the device on and she heard her mum tell her she loved her for the first time. It was so emotional, and such an incredible honour to be included in such a special moment.
6. What advice would you give your 20 year old self? I was still studying journalism at Bournemouth Uni when I was 20, and set on becoming a TV presenter, so I guess I would tell myself not to worry if things don’t turn out exactly as planned, and not to stress about the small stuff (something I’m still trying to do now!).
7. Where are you happiest? Anywhere when I’m with my family – whether that’s at home, snuggled up on the sofa with a movie; chilling on Southbourne beach or on a family holiday.
8. Who would be your number one dinner guest be and why? I think it would have to be my husband’s dad, who passed away before my husband and I met. I’ve heard so many stories about him, it would be lovely to be able to meet him.
9. If you could have any superpower, what power would it be and why? Definitely teleportation! How amazing would it be to get to Hawaii instantaneously?!
10. If you had to ask us one question, what would it be? Where did the name Sunny Bird come from?
"It's the name of our MD!"