Katie Avis-Riordan is an online features writer for countryliving.co.uk and housebeautiful.co.uk. Katie recently came down to Bournemouth to review the beautiful Green House Hotel which you can read here. Katie took five minutes out from being wined and dined to answer the infamous Sunny Bird PR questions…
1. What are the 5 words that best describe you? Love my family and friends.
2. What magazine do you love reading and why? Empire. It’s always good to keep up with what’s going on in the movie world as I’m a massive film buff.
3. What is your favourite book? For me, the most enjoyable books to read are the Harry Potter series, my favourite being Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows. I’ve read it about 10 times!
4. Which song makes you dance? Lots of songs make me want to dance from a whole variety of genres, but I find 80s classics are always feel-good to move to.
5. What has been your best career moment? Taking part in an adventure camping trip in Dorset, which I was writing a feature on. I got to try out lots of cool things, like paddle boarding, axe throwing, and fire starting.
6. What advice would you give your 20 year old self? Don’t stress over the small things – they always sort themselves out.
7. Where are you happiest? When I’m surrounded by family and friends, eating good food and having a laugh.
8. Who would be your number one dinner guest be and why? J. K. Rowling – I think she would be so interesting to talk to and I’d love to hear her top writing tips. And of course the main topic of conversation would be Harry Potter.
9. If you could have any superpower, what power would it be and why? Telekinesis would be really cool, just like Eleven in Stranger Things. Also the ability to change the weather would come in very handy, especially with our British summers!
10. If you had to ask us one question what would it be? What is the best part about your job?
So many things! Fun events, getting our clients in the nationals, getting great reviews for our clients, reactive media relations, coming up with super creative ideas to get our clients featured in the media – the list goes on!