This month we asked award-winning journalist and fitness guru Lucy Gornall the notorious Sunny Bird PR questions. Lucy is the Health and Fitness Editor across TI Media’s weekly women’s magazines along with the monthly titles Fit & Well and Woman & Home. When she’s not commissioning features and writing copy Lucy can be found at a 6am HITT session or planning her next exotic adventure. Here’s what Lucy had to say…
1. What are the 5 words that best describe you?
Organised, impatient, stubborn, happy, determined.
2. What magazine do you love reading and why?
Aside from the ones I work on…Men’s Health. I love the workouts.
3. What is your favourite book?
4. Which song makes you dance?
Avicii – Levels.
5. What has been your best career moment?
The day I went from an intern to a writer and was given my first job.
6. What advice would you give your 20-year-old self?
DO NOT worry about what other people think. Don’t follow crowds if you don’t agree with them and always do your best in everything. Don’t ever settle.
7. Where are you happiest?
On a beach, somewhere hot, with no cares, a cocktail and good friends.
8. Who would be your number one dinner guest be and why?
Victoria Beckham. I worship the ground she walks on!
9. If you could have any superpower, what power would it be and why?
To know what goes on in men’s heads.
10. If you had to ask us one question what would it be?
What’s the most annoying thing about journalists?
“We rely on journalists to achieve great things for our clients so it’s essential for us to have good relationships with them. With cuts in publishing houses and newsrooms nationwide, we know journalists are more pushed for time than ever before and that’s why, as a PR agency, we try to make their lives as easy as possible and never get annoyed as we appreciate how much pressure they are all under!”